Tag Archives: National Insurance contributions

NICs on rental profits?

Individual owners of buy-to-let rental properties generally assume there are no National Insurance contributions (NICs) to pay on their rental profits (as there is for self-employed individuals carrying on a trade). Class 4 NICs Self-employed individuals are generally liable to Class 4 NICs on net profits chargeable to income tax as trading income (and which… Read More »